Sunday, December 11, 2016

The 2015 broken Promise - Part 3

Salam Sayang,

Part 3..

It has been almost a year since the last time I wrote.  I really miss to do so but I didn't able to manage my time so well these days.  Life changes drastically since October 2015 and to be frank, I still adjusting to simpler life that we are leading now.   We will talk about it in future

Now let's walk back to our 2015 memory lane.  We travel to few countries this year.  The bravest step that I took since you were born where we both travel without ayah to Europe. Some people think that I was crazy but I look it the other way.  I took it as our very first adventure.  This trip was supposed to be girl's trip between Aunty Zu & me but I insist to bring you.  I told Aunty, you  must join the trip.  I told the same thing to ayah's too. Finally with some tears (I was like a drama queen that day.. haha), your Ayah reluctantly give me a green light to bring you along).  So that's basically how it start.

Our Europe trip took about 16 days to 4 countries - Netherland, Germany, Switzerland and France.  It started with a good drama in KLIA where you cried hysterically during the parting with Ayah. You throw up on my only available T-shirt so we end up board the flight to Amsterdam with smelly T-shirt. Luckily it was a midnight flight and you were too tired afterwards.  Things are improving once we landed to Europe and Skype helps a lots. 

So how was the trip treat us?  Yes.. it was awesome even though there are days I cried when we fought over our principles.  We both are hard headed Dik.  There are also times when you and Aunty fought, I feel like packing our bags and catch a flight back to KL. To be frank, there are also times I feel regret brought you and I called ayah & cried out but overall it was a very bonding trip.  All the times spent and all the fights we fought are worth to remember.  I hope in few years we will ready for our next double adventure. No more fight ok.


Ok..I will share some of too many photos taken during 2015 Spring Europe Trip


Amsterdam, Netherland

Amsterdam, Netherland

Our first Spring 2015 city. 2 good days spent in Amsterdam.  A lovely city.  We been here in 2012 but Amstersdam never bored me and that is the reason we came back.  I almost lost you in the crowd when you asked me to help you to delete some unwanted photos from your camera. I was so panicked when I realized you were not there anymore and fortunately you were just hiding from me and the crowds help me to find you.  My heartbeat almost stop and the be frank it almost spoil my day. This is something that you keep doing it whenever you had chance.  You will understand what I felt that day Dik, when you have your own child

In Amsterdam, together with aunty we went to explore Noordeermark Farmer's Market, Rijksmuseum where we found the famous I am Amsterdam logo, Red light district, Damrak Square (where I almost lost you), The famous Keukenhorf Tulips Garden and Harleem town.

From Amsterdam we took a train to Heidelberg, Germany.  The train ride took took almost 6 hours but you enjoy it so much and refused to take a nap.



Heidelberg, Germany

Heildelberg, Germany

Heidelberg was supposed to be a pit stop town in order to avoid long train ride from Amsterdam to Munich  where we spent one night in Heidelberg and less than 24 hours to explore the town.   It was really a good experience and a lovely place.  I think all of us fall in love with this town and personally plan to come back one day.  All I can say, I must agreed with Germans that Heidelberg is Jewel of Germany.  

We managed to explore many places in those 20 hours including Heidelberg Castle, Bismarkplatz, Hauptstrabe, Alstadtand Markplatz.

Another train ride from Heidelberg to Munich.  A lovely ride and all of us enjoy it so much.


Munich & Fussen, Germany

Munich, Germany

We picked Munich because we want to go to see Neuschwestein Castle in Fussen (the most famous castle located 2 hours train ride from Munich) before crossing the boarding to Switzerland.  Munich itself to me is another big big European Capital City and even though I'm not too fond of her but we really had a good time in Munich.

  
Lucerne, Swirzerland


 Lucerne, Switzerland

Lucerne was our first Switzerland pit stop. We took bus from Munich to Zurich and catch a train to Lucerne.  It was almost 5 hour journey but you enjoy the ride so much.  Switzerland overall is a beautiful country and we fall in love with this Country instantly.   Our 3D2N was spent nicely in Lucerne where we went up to Rigi Mountain (by Cogwheel), Cruised the lake and walked around the city.  To me Lucerne was a perfect canvas painting and I just love everything here- the lake, the sky, the mountain and the swans.  You can consider this place for your honeymoon or to bring future family here :)


Grindelwald, Switzerland


Grindelwald, Switzerland

 This this the peak of our trip.  We spent 3 days in Grindelwald and it's not a bad decision after all.  Among all the places that we visited in that Spring, I believe Grindelwald is the best.  Gridelwald is more represent a village than a town to me and I believe that's why we fall in love with her.  Everyting is so perfect there and I feel sorry that Ayah is not around to enjoy it. Gridelwald is where I start to miss Ayah and I guess you felt the same way too.  I made a promise that we will comeback with ayah to Grindelwald one day.  Until now, I still dream this place.


Kleine Scheidegg, Switzerland

Kleine Scheidegg, Switzerland

During our Grindelwald stays we manage to visit the highest peak in Europe; Jungfraujoch where we took train from Grindelwald to Kleine Scheidegg before fetching another train to Jungraujoch.  Since Kleine Scheidegg is located in the middle of the mountain range, so the snow is still there in Spring.  You insist to play with snow before we continue the journey to Jungfrau, so we did.  We had good time there and you looks very comfortable with snow and maybe you kind of  having dejavu with winter experience in Norway.


Jungfraujoch, Switzerland

Jungfraujoch, Switzerland

We were given Jungfrau Passport

From Kleine Scheidegg, we go up by Train to Jungfrau, which known as Top of Europe.  Yes.. it was a memorable experiencing for me as a Geologist to be able to touch Alps Mountain.   As for you, I guess you had a good time with snow fall.  I was a very memorable day for all of us.



Interlaken, Switzerland

 
Interlaken, Switzerland

I must say Interlaken is the reason why we picked switzeland in this trip.  Aunty and Mommy dream to see Interlaken years ago and when we plan for this trip, we decided to choose Switzerland.  Interlaken didn't disappoint us and we had good time and able to explore part of this city in one day.  I wish we had longer time. Should we come back Dik?  :)

 Spiez, Switzerland



Spiez, Interlaken

We also manage to visit a small marina town and spent couple of hours there. It was a quiet small town where locals seem to know each other.  While Aunty & I enjoying the scenery, you join the local children at their main playground and you seems to enjoy your time there. It always amaze me how European parents involved with their children activities and it's one of the reason why I dream to migrate one day.  This is my bucket list and even though I know it's almost impossible but who knows right :). We left Spiez late in the afternoon and everyone has their own plan that day; you plan to have your favourite rocket ice cream and I plan to migrate to Europe one day.. Haha


 Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland

 Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland

From Grindelwald we moved for a night stay at Lauterbrunnen.  It's a small village in the valley that is famous for the scenic view together with her beautiful waterfall.  It was one beautiful village and even though the weather was slightly gloomy but as usual, we manage to enjoy our day.  My only regret was we only have less than 24 hours to explore Lauterbrunnen and surrounding and that's why we must plan to come back one day.


Murren, Switzerland

Murren, Lauterbrunnen

While we were at Lauterbrunnen, we took a cable car ride to Murren. Murren was famous for Ski Sport during winter but even without snow, it still offered us an amazing experience.  The surrounding scenery was speechless and I can understand why this small town will full of tourist in summer and winter.  Our initial plan was to take another cable car ride to Schilthorn on that day where we plan to visit another highest peak in Switzerland but you were too tired to continue the journey so we decided to take a train back to Lauterbrunnen.

Panoramic Train to Geneva, Switzerland

Panoramic train from Interlaken to Montreux


Geneva, Switzerland

From Lauterbrunnen we took a local train to Interlaken and we bought a famous panoramic train ticket to Geneva with a stopover in Montreux.  It was a very pleasant train ride and it was everyone's dream come true.  You enjoy the ride so much and we manage to get the best coach. The 3 hours journey was filled with laughter and food.  I still miss that moment :).  We spend a night in Geneva before continue our journey to Paris.  In those short period, we managed to see heart of Geneva and spend some quality time there.


Paris, France

 
Paris, France

From Geneva, we cross the country border to Paris,France.  It was a 3 1/2 hours train ride and since the scenery is not as scenic as Switzerland, so everyone decided to get a good rest during the train ride.  We arrived in Paris late in the afternoon and checked in to our apartment where we stayed for 2 nights.

Paris was our last destination and even though the visit was slightly dampen with intermittent rain but our spirit was good.  Like many others, we both love Paris.  Though the city is slightly dirty but the aura is there.  We managed to visit and revisit few places.   Eiffel Tower and top of it, Chateau de Versailles, the famous cemetery; Pere Lachaise and we also walked miles in the city centre.  We also went back to where we stayed in 2012. It was nice to be able to walk down the memory lane.


We left Paris 3 days after, on May 2nd 2015.  I wish that we had few more days to explore Paris but it is what it is.  We reached KLIA on the May 3rd and you were so happy to meet ayah again.

For me, Spring 2015 trip was unforgettable and it is one of the best thing I ever done.   I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. How about Trans Siberian Routes in 5 years time?  Haha..

Till then..Thank you for being my travel partner Dik.  Love


No comments:

Post a Comment